Done right, lip color totally transforms your look. Done wrong, you run the risk of looking a little like a clown. How best to apply lip color depends to a great extent on the natural shape of your lips, however, we have a few basic tips for perfect lips every time:
General Lip Color Tips
- To help your lip color last all day, first use a complementary colored lip pencil all over your lips, apply your lip color over it and then blot carefully.
- For a fuller lip look, line lips with a good lip pencil like but blend the edges with a sponge applicator to avoid harsh lines. Apply a clear lip gloss to complete the fuller look. If you really want a pouty look, reserve the gloss for just the center of your upper lip. For a lip gloss that is not sticky and has the maximum wear, try Fluhme’s Lip Lust Lip Gloss.
- One trick that Fluhme Beauty Artists use is to highlight lips with a light eyeshadow that coordinates with the lip color, adding just a dab to the center of both the upper and lower lip.
Lip Color Tips For Fuller Lipped Ladies
If you are genetically blessed with fuller lips, there are a lot of us who envy you! However, full lips overwhelm your face if you are not careful.
- Fuller lips really don't need any help from a defined lip liner, but if you do like the look, soften a lip liner's effect by blending carefully at the corners.
- Avoid very glossy shades, they will make you lips look just a little too prominent in most cases.
Lip Color Tips For Thinner Lipped Ladies
- For a full lip illusion, use a neutral colored lip pencil to draw slightly beyond your real lip line and then apply your color. You will find that your lip color will “catch” that line, giving you plumper looking lips.
- Avoid very dark lip color shades as these tend to make small, thin lips look even smaller.